Apple TV Store/Retail Mode
- To turn on/off retail mode, go to settings, general, legal notices.
- Do not open the legal notices menu, just put the cursor there.
- Then, on the remote, type this sequence : right - right - left - center.
Resetting the Apple TV (Aluminum Remote)
Press and hold Menu and Down on your aluminum Apple Remote for six seconds and then release when you see the LED light on the Apple TV flash rapidly.
Resetting the Apple TV (White Remote)
Press and hold Menu and Menu down/scroll for six seconds, and then release when you see the LED light on the Apple TV flash rapidly.
- Plug the device into your computer using a microUSB cable.
- Force the device to reboot by holding down the "Menu" and "Down" buttons simultaneously for 6-7 seconds.
- Press "Menu" and "Play" simultaneously right after reboot, until a message pops up in iTunes, saying that it has detected an Apple TV in recovery mode.