Factory Reset Instructions
- Place BB-8 on the charger.
- Hold it there with one hand and press the button on the side of the charger with the other.
- While still holding the button down, remove BB-8 from the charging base. The droid should not light up if you have done this successfully.
- After a few seconds, place BB-8 back on the charging base to wake it up again, and attempt to connect.
Force Firmrware Update
- To reset BB-8, place your droid on the charging dock, connect to WiFi and launch the BB-8 application.
- Once the application has loaded, scroll down and tap "SETTINGS."
- Then, click the upper right-hand arrow two times until you reach the "ADVANCED SETTINGS" page.
- Choose the second option "Force Firmware Update."