Canon Service Mode
If you have a waste ink absorber error message, you will need to put your printer into service/maintenance mode to be able to reset the error and continue to use your printer, we've listed the procedures for various printers below:
Printer Maintenance/Service Mode Instructions
PIXMA MP, MG, MX and some IP Series
- Start with the power conenected and printer turned off.
- Press and hold resume/cancel button (one with triangle in the circle).
- Press ON button whilst still holding resume/cancel button.
- Keep holding the ON button, and press the resume/cancel button 2,5 or 6 times.
- Release ON button.
- If your printer has a touch screen you must hold area on the screen where resume/cancel button would normally be.
Copier Maintenance/Service Mode Instructions
- Press and release the "User Mode" or " * " (asterisk) key on your Canon copier's keypad.
- Press and hold the "2" and "8" keys simultaneously. Hold the keys for at least one second.
- Press and release "User Mode" to enter the service mode. A "1" will appear on the control panel to indicate success.
- Input the number that corresponds to the service mode you want to enter. Press "Start" to confirm the selection and enter the service mode. Canon provides a chart of service modes in the service manual and user guide for your copier.
- Press and release the "Reset" button to exit service mode and return to normal operation.