OTA Update stands for over the air update, and on newer sets can either be transmitted through your home aerial, or can be done by downloading the latest version from the internet, below we list a few different manufacturers and the recommended way to update.
Samsung LCD Update
Automatic Samsung LCD Update
- Go to Settings.
- Select Support.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Update Now. If an update is available, the download and installation process will be initiated. (Note: you will need to be connected to the internet through WiFi or Ethernet for this to work)
- If no updates available, select OK to exit the Settings menu and proceed to use the TV.
Manual Samsung Update
First you will need to find the model number of your set:
- Turn on your device.
- Click the “MENU” button found on your remote control.
- Using the down arrow on your remote control, scroll to the last tab that says, “Support” (next to the question mark “?” icon).
- Use the down arrow on your remote to click on the “Contact Samsung” tab.
- At the end of the text that appears, you will find your model code and software version.
- Once you have the model number you can check the Samsung website for the latest firmware version.