Sandisk Sansa Clip+
- Press and hold the large center button on the front AND connect the USB cable while holding the button down. This forces MSC mode.
- Visit the following thread... http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-15/td-p/150227 and download the Sansa Firmware Updater
- Run the "exe" file and it should recognize your player and begin downloading new firmware. The version on my Clip+ was 01.02.09. It downloaded a ~21 MB file and installed in on my player automatically
- Once the process is complete, the program will tell you to disconnect your player. Do this WITHOUT exiting the updater and WITHOUT turning off your player.
- Your player should say that it is updating the firmware... mine did this then went black again
- Turn your player back on and cross your fingers... it should work!
- Press and hold the Power/Menu button for approximately 20 seconds.
- Release the Power/Menu button.
- Press the Power/Menu button again to turn on the player.