Nvidia Shield Pro
Factory Reset Instructions
- Turn off your SHIELD.
- Unplug the power cable from your SHIELD.
- Connect your SHIELD to your PC/Mac/Linux computer via USB using SHIELD's micro USB port.
- Plug the power cable back into your SHIELD.
- Wait 2 seconds, and then hold the NVIDIA power button on SHIELD for 5-6s until you see the fastboot menu on the display.
- Tap on NVIDIA button to move on Menu to "Boot recovery kernel".
- Hold NVIDIA button to for 2-4s to select "Boot Recovery Kernel".
- You may see the dead Android robot on screen. This is expected behavior.
- Hold NVIDIA button to for 2-4s to process to next menu. If you don't see the Recovery menu, try this step a few times.
- You will see Android Recovery Menu.
- Tap on NVIDIA button to move to "wipe data/factory reset".
- Hold NVIDIA button to for 4-6s to select "wipe data/factory reset".
- After process select "reboot system now".
- SHIELD will boot to home screen.