Sky HD Box
- Press “SERVICES” on your Sky Plus Remote
- Select Option 4
- Next press 0, 1 and SELECT – you should now see the engineer’s menu.
- Choose option 8, ‘Full System Reset’. The box will now take a few minutes to reset itself.
Force Sky HD Box Update
- Remove your Sky viewing card from the decoder.
- Turn on your TV and ensure that you can see a feed coming from your Sky decoder (if you remove the card it will most likely just give you a message to reinsert the card, but no TV images will be shown, only a blue background).
- Turn-off the decoder at the wall socket, or better still unplug it and wait one minute
- Then, holding down the ‘back-up‘ button on the front of the decoder, plug it back into the mains. Do not use the back-up button on the remote control.
- Still holding down the back-up button, count to 15, or wait until all the lights on the front of the decoder are on. A message should appear on the TV screen saying that the decoder is “Updating System Software – Please wait” – do so (patiently). When you see this message, you can remove your finger from the back-up button. Remember not to use your phone line during this period.
- Wait for around 15 minutes for the software upgrade to complete itself.
- When the update has completed the decoder will restart itself automatically. Wait for 2 minutes and 30 seconds after the red light appears. If it does not, wait for a minimum of 1 hour before turning it off and on again at the mains.