If you are having problems with not being able to control the Sky Q box with the remote, you can find reset instructions here.
- Press the ‘Home’ button on your remote control.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’ and DO NOT press select.
- Press ‘001’.
- Press ‘Select’
Sky Q Factory Reset
- Follow instructions above to enter the Sky Q service menu.
- Press down to select "reset" then press the right key to enter the menu.
- You will now have 3 options to choose from.
Reset Settings: This will reset your Sky Q boxes settings back to their defaults, you will also need to re-pair your Sky Q Touch remote to your Sky Q box. Your Sky Q boxes network setup and any recordings you have made will not be affected.
Reset Hard Drive: This will reformat your Sky Q boxes hard drive, erasing any recordings, downloads and series links. Your settings and network setup will not be affected.
Factory Reset: This option will reset this Sky Q box back to its factory state. All your recordings, downloads, series links, settings and network setup on this box will be reset, you will also need to re-pair your Sky Q Touch remote to your Sky Q box. Settings on your Sky Q Mini boxes will not be affected.
Sky Q Mini Recovery Process
- Switch the Sky Q Mini box off at the mains.
- Hold down the Reset button on the back of the Sky Q Mini box and switch it back on at the mains.
- Keep holding it until the light on the front flashes red and green. This will take about 30 seconds.
- Once it flashes red and green, press the standby button on the front of the box.
- If the lights don't show after 30 seconds, repeat steps 1 to 2.
- The box will then restart.
- After the on-screen messages have disappeared, press Home on your Sky Q remote to switch your box back on.