Xfinity Cable Modem
- Make sure you’re connected to your home network, either via wifi or ethernet.
- Open a web browser, type in http://10.0.0.1 to go to the Admin Tool, and sign in.
- The Username and Password is not the same as your WiFi name and password. If you haven’t changed your Admin Tool login, the default settings are:
- Username: admin
- Password: password (case sensitive)
- Once signed in, navigate to Troubleshooting > Reset/Restore Gateway.
- Select RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS - This option (same as pressing the Factory Reset button on the device) completely restores your Wireless Gateway settings back to their factory default values, including firewall settings, managed devices, parental controls, WiFi credentials, etc. The RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS option will temporarily disconnect you from the network.