Amazon Kindle 1
You can work out which kindle you have by looking at first part of the serial number and the list below:
B001 = Kindle 1
B002 = Kindle 2 U.S. (Sprint)
B004 = Kindle DX U.S.
B005 = Kindle DX International
B008 = Kindle 3 WiFi
B009 = Kindle DX Graphite
Factory Reset the Amazon Kindle 1
- To reset Kindle 1, you need to open the back cover first.
- Turn your Kindle over so that the back cover is facing you.
- Slide the back cover off by pressing the cover firmly while sliding the cover to the right with your thumbs.
- Use a paper clip to press the reset button on the top left of the battery.
- The kindle will flash a few times and reset.