Amazon Kindle 2
You can work out which kindle you have by looking at first part of the serial number and the list below:
B001 = Kindle 1
B002 = Kindle 2 U.S. (Sprint)
B004 = Kindle DX U.S.
B005 = Kindle DX International
B008 = Kindle 3 WiFi
B009 = Kindle DX Graphite
Soft Reset The Amazon Kindle 2
Slide the power button to the right and hold it for 15 seconds. Release it when the screen turns white.
Alternative Reset The Amazon Kindle 2
- Slide the power button and hold it for 30 sec.
- Release and wait for 20 sec until the screen begins to flash.
- As soon as it does, plug in the power and keep it connected for 2 hours.
Return the Amazon Kindle 2 to Factory Defaults
- From the Home screen, press Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Press Menu.
- Select Reset to Factory Defaults.